Friday, April 28, 2017

American Cinematography


(image by Matthew Kohn)

American Cinematography

The first song on The Adventurist; it was recorded live in Santa Monica with David Schwartz on bass and Michael Jerome Moore on drums and me on guitar and vocals in 2015. The cello parts, played by Renata Bratt were added later in Santa Cruz and finally the piano, played by Robert Lloyd was recorded by Sheldon Gomberg in Los Angeles. Sheldon mixed the song. 

*       *       *

The writing of the album began in early 2011. I had gotten my increasingly ill husband placed in a nursing home in 2009 and I'd had the desire to use the feelings (anxiety, sadness and frustration) that generated to write new songs. I very specifically had the idea that I would not write about the sadness of loss, rather I would write about the incredible feelings of love and desire that had brought me into relationship with my husband in the first place. It took another year and half, after my husband began his life in the nursing home, before the new song cycle started up. 

American Cinematography was written about mid-way through the song-cycle which became The Adventurist. It was a continuation, and another perspective for me, on the concept of Tone-Poems on Love and Desire.

*      *      *

 (image by Matthew Kohn for Amer Cin. video)

American Cinematography
In a small frame I’ll paint a big story
with American cinematography
your face holds a secret territory
my love is revealed in your geography.

All the miles of mountain and valleys
in American cinematography
exist in one panoramic highway
with a flicker of light and a melody.
            (bridge)
Blue convertible flyin’ down the highway
red scarf riding like a lovers get-away
that feeling of timeless-wild-kisses
in American Cinematography

3 comments:


  1. Thanks for sharing this interesting information.
    Government jobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. DTE Job Circular 2021 has been published yet. To get Directorate of Technical Education job circular related all information found their official website available: www.techedu.gov.bd also dter.teletalk.com.bd.
    All Govt Job Circular check
    All Source Find- Latest Job Circular

    ReplyDelete